Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Eco- Fest Badger's Farm nr Louth, 17th June 2007



Quite an event. I was there just for the Sunday. Took part in the singer songwriters competition but didn't make the final. Plumped to perform a skiffle like version of "The More You Know, The More You Grow" for the judges. You've got to be able to handle rejection in this business! Just be yourself and do what you do. Enjoyed the open mic session where King Rollo provided some fine snare drum rhythm for my slot. As time goes on I more and more enjoy the spontaniety of having musicians join me. Bluesman, Adrian Byron Burns was also very complimentary about my strummer playing, so thanks Adrian that's much appreciated coming from a quality pro musician. The cheques in the post or maybe it's paypal!
Played Bad Moon Rising, I Lost My Hat, Blue Moon Of Kentucky and Ring Of Fire, which pretty much hits the mark every time! Well received by the audience and some grat dancing too!




Chilling out at the 2006 event, Nev Arthurs (left) Bob Cairns and SJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home